My post last week was a list of things that puppy owners need to get out of their way to expose their puppies. Socialization significantly reduces behavioral problems that develop later in life.
I have a lot of questions on the list. Many people wanted “it is too late to know? ”
The socialization window is closed only about 4 months, even if they have marked everything on the list, you need to follow your puppies. The official windows are closed, but you can and should introduce your dog to the things he sees with you in your life.
If a dog is not properly socialized as a puppy, dogs often see adults who act as if they had been abused. Many people shy away from rescue dogs and anxiously assume that their dogs have been abused, but the reality in most cases is that their dogs do not visit and learn that life is good when they were puppies.
After socializing a puppy window is closed, that’s all. No to turn the clock back. Normally these dogs are never seen from the world, which can lead to fear and aggression. After 4 months of socialization is the cure.
Association Policy Remedial
* Dogs are individuals.
* Take your dog Mark.
* No more than the face of your dog.
* Do not be a greedy trainer. Know when to retreat and walk.
* Bring your dog first your hand in hand, then others. This will give your dog an alternative behavior to do when they are not sure and they also teach how to bring people good things.
* Do not try to introduce your dog to new things until you have unified, and develop a trust. The number one mistake I see with new rescue dogs is that people are moving too fast.
* Make the most valuable price with you all the time, and create new things with something beautiful. In very general rule dogs that are at your door are not eating. If your dog is motivated to stop the food sweets, try to create a distance of more than what is on your dog.
Keep in mind that dogs do not generalize. A great man with a hat is not equal to all the great hats.
* Do not hesitate to contact a positive trainer if you have problems.
* If your dog’s parents have strong characters, chances are that you are coming. If your dogs are genetically afraid of parents, it is likely that you will be in time management of life.
Ask yourself what your dog finds and uses. Maybe food or a toy, but most likely not touched by strangers. The reward for many unsafe dogs is far from what scares. Encourage your dog to stay away from the things that frighten them.
* Configurations of the plan with the people. Start with people who are next to a not menacing way. Make sure your employees understand that they must remain quiet and calm and move slowly. All good things (cheerful voice, sweets, toys) occur when people are around.
* Installation of friendly dogs is not reactive. It is great if your dog is a friend to play, but his first goal is to be at a minimum distance to other dogs that your dog does not respond. Belt meeting is never recommended.
* Stay calm and patient and wait for setbacks. After all, your dog will be safer.
Nancy’s blog is promoted by the good people of Loot Dog. See the offer of the day, every day!